To connect to a wireless network:
- Swipe in from the right-edge of the screen, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click the wireless network icon. A list of available wireless networks appears.
- Tap or click a wireless network.
- Tap or click Connect.
- Type your network security key (network password) or push the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on your router (if there is one).
- Choose whether you want to share with other computers and devices on the network. Choose No if you’re connecting to a network in a public place!!
- To see if you’re online, go to the Start screen and tap or click Internet Explorer. Some wireless networks, such as ones you find in coffee shops, may require you to enter a password in a browser window.
See more on Microsoft Surface website.